A VA health care enrollment process is not a tedious one. Veterans are eligible for health care packages, but for receiving that, they must be enrolled first.
The process of enrollment-
- Application process- The first step in the process of getting yourself enrolled is to fill out the application form. You can get it online, by telephone or in-person by visiting your local VA. You don’t have to enroll yourself, again and again, to receive the annual benefits if you have enrolled yourself once you remain enrolled in it, except for the few veterans who could be asked to update their information annually.
- Documents required-While your application form there are a few documents that you will need, which are-
- Your recent tax return
- Social security number for yourself and your dependents.
- Account number of current health insurance.
- Time duration-The VA does not take time in making a rational decision and letting you know the same. Generally, it takes less than one week to respond to your application, but if the time increases by one week, do not reapply.
The family of veterans-The VA health care enrollment is not only for veterans but their families as well as told earlier in this article. Spouses, surviving spouses of veterans, are all entitled to healthcare by VA. There is a VA health care insurance for spouse and VA health insurance for the dependents of the veteran as well. Even the caretaker of a veteran’s family is eligible for VA health care enrollment.
VA takes great care of its women veterans. From giving them pregnancy health insurance cover to care for their acute and chronic illness, VA considers everything. VA gives a plethora of services to their women veterans such as mental health care, physical rehabilitation, long-term care, pharmacy benefits and many more.
- VA even provides a full range of reproductive health services that are necessary for better health of women veterans.
- It also provides care to the infants for the first seven days after their birth, and it pays for their delivery, pre and as well as post-natal care.
- It provides services to veterans to recover from sexual trauma as well.
As veterans serve their country throughout their life, their country also appreciates and recognizes their efforts and tries to take great care of them, and the perfect example for this is VA, i.e., Veteran Affairs health care enrollment.